Junior Kickers is a 10 week course designed to encourage familiarity and confidence within the field of physical activity. It seeks to provide both boys and girls aged 2, 3 and 4 with an introduction to football, using fun games and activities to teach the sport's primary skills. Coaches pay particular focus on developing children's coordination, balance, ball movement and self-confidence. Each 45 minute session is taught on a coach to child ratio at Stevenage FC Academy in a safe and friendly learning environment.
Cost: £50 per 10 week course (£70 for both days: a saving of £30)
Junior Kickers is organised into five ability and age related groups:
- Starters is designed for 2 year old children that would like to be introduced to football and motor skills within the sport.
- Beginners and Intermediates, aimed at 3 year olds, will make sessions more related to specifics of football, beginning to incorporate more relevant skills and physical activities related to the game.
- Advanced and Masters, aimed at 4 year olds, will further evolve the sessions into a footballing context, with a greater emphasis placed on football related techniques and skills. Our Masters groups also seek to provide transition from Junior Kickers to Kids Zone football sessions, allowing players to slowly and safely adapt to the style of play found in the Kids Zone sessions.
- There is also a Midweek group, aimed at 3+4 years, on Wednesday evenings available too.
- If you would like to book them onto a FREE taster session to give them an idea of what the sessions involve please see below. You will be able to book them onto the course after the taster session.
Our next Junior Kickers taster session is on Saturday 18th December 12:00 - 12:45pm. Registrations will open 1st December.
Junior Kickers Taster Session - Coming Soon!
|Saturday||Starters||10:00 - 10:45|
|Saturday||Beginners||9:00 - 9:45|
|Saturday||Intermediates||9:00 - 9:45|
|Saturday||Advanced||9:00 - 9:45|
|Saturday||Masters||10:00 - 10:45|
|Wednesday||Mixed Abilities (excluding Starters)||16:15 - 17:00|
*First Aid Qualified
*Attended a F.A Safeguarding Children Workshop
Refunds will not be issued on the Junior Kickers. We can only offer a defferal of the course, to a later date, within 6 months.